Phlebotomy Certification Online – An Exciting Start To A New Career
If you feel stuck in a dead end job or want to start a new career, then why not consider becoming a phlebotomist by obtaining your phlebotomy certification online. This is a rewarding career that is in high demand.
A career in phlebotomy will offer you job opportunities, a great salary, the chance to help people, and personal satisfaction. The best way to launch a great career is to start researching your phlebotomy certification online.
A phlebotomist is the technician in the hospital or lab who draws blood from the veins of patients. The phlebotomist also has the responsibility of storing and labeling the blood after collection so that it can be tested in the hematology lab. The blood test results are used by medical providers to give an accurate diagnosis and decide on treatment options. Most phlebotomists feel that this is a rewarding career and are proud to be such a vital part of helping patients get well.
Phlebotomy is a high demand job in the health care industry. Upon completion of your phlebotomy certification online, you will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of settings.
Phlebotomists can be employed at hospitals, clinical labs, blood banks and bloodmobiles, walk-in clinics, and large medical practices. Other employers include state and federal government agencies, such as the Veterans Administration, state and federal prisons, free clinics, and military bases.
As outlined below, there are several advantages to completing your phlebotomy training online rather than in a traditional classroom setting. Online phlebotomy courses offer:
1. Online students can achieve a balance between work and school. You work whenever you can devote the time to your studies.
2. Online classes are usually structured into units called modules. The online student can complete each module at his/her own pace, as quickly or slowly as necessary. He/she can also go back and review older modules if he feels he needs to re-learn a concept.
3. Online students can work anywhere they can find a good internet connection, computer, and quiet workspace.
4. Online students normally end up spending far less money than traditional students, and they get the same degree! The class fees can be lower, they don’t waste gas money and time to attend class, and online schools don’t have the “facility fees” and “activity fees” that most traditional colleges have.
5. Online students typically can graduate faster than traditional students. Many programs offer accelerated learning. The faster you graduate, the sooner you start earning great money!
6. Online students learn great computer skills due to the nature of the online studies. This gives the online student an edge above the traditional student in the competitive job market!
7. Online students learn great organizational skills and self-motivation. Traditional students go to class when they are told, where they are told, and do what they are told by the professor each day. Online students learn quickly that they must organize their schedules to allow study time, meet their deadlines, and that they are responsible for directing their own education. In short, online students graduate with a sense of accomplishment and responsibility.
For anyone looking to start a career, you will find that phlebotomy certification online is a great place to start.